Manitoba | Canada
The Application Engineer is responsible for the design of systems and the configuration of products to meet the needs of the application. Duties include working with customers, sales, and engineering for the purposes of defining new products, estimating, and the coordination of orders. At all times, document control, Westeel policies and ISO procedures are to be followed.
Total Vacancy : 1
Salary : 0
Position Type : Full_Time
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the design of systems and the utilization of products in the end application to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Identify and define the system and product roadmap based on market knowledge, customer needs, and internal capabilities.
- Define and/or develop tools to aid in the configuration, optimization, or promotion of products and systems.
- Lead the coordination of the technical aspects of a quotation or order and maintain a thorough understanding of all technical aspects of the target system for farm and commercial projects.
- Design optimized system solutions through the configuration and combination of products. Promote these solutions to customers by explaining the technical functionality and benefits.
- Understand the various regional regulations, standards, and certification requirements for products and systems.
- Maintain an understanding of the commercial aspects of the business including market trends and competitive analysis.
- Assist and advise customers on system design and implementation.
- Manage, train and educate both internal and external sales representatives, support staff as well as new dealers and distributors on how to effectively sell and quote our products.
- Approve outside vendors on the basis of quality and technical requirements.
- Work closely with the customer service and logistics to ensure we are efficiently meeting all requirements.
- Advise Senior Management of customers’ internal and external issues.
- Identify opportunities for establishing new or alternative contractors for commercial products.
- Communicate with Sales and Design Engineering to coordinate product modifications and application requirements.
- Submit recommendations for new products, product enhancements and add-ons with an emphasis on increasing market share.
- Attend trade shows to display Westeel products and obtain industry intelligence and feedback.
- Participate in product development and improvement projects.
- Consult with Engineering on design problems, field problems and new products.
- Design test procedures to verify designs and assist in the verification and validation of new products.
- Prepare drawings, manuals, technical documentation as required.
- Provide mentorship to junior staff as required.
- Participate in ISO internal and external audits.
- Up to 15% travel time annually.
- P. Eng designation
- Knowledge in structural and steel design
- Knowledge in mechanical and system fan aeration design an asset
- Specialized knowledge of grain storage and handling an asset.
- 3 - 5 Years related experience.
- Relevant work experience in lieu of training would be considered.
- Comfortable working with and in a customer environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Inventor, and the Microsoft Office suite products
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and execute a wide range of details and tasks quickly and effectively
- Good judgement/problem solving ability along with strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to work independently